Personal view of Karate by Alexandre

Personal view of Karate complicated by Alexandre as part of our junior Black Belts paper work at our dojo in London, Paddington, W2 and the surrounding areas. 



Alexandres
Personal view of Karate
What Karate does for me - How Karate benefits me.


Karate makes me physically fit, keeps me physically healthy and helps me become (mentally) healthy and strong.

Karate helps me mentally by improving my concentration and confidence. I am more disciplined and focused in everything that I do, both at school and at home.

Karate teaches me about responsibility, self-respect and courage to do the right thing in all aspects of life and behave in a manner that shows respect for others around me.

I have learned to defend myself when necessary but more importantly I have learned to have patience, self-control and calmness.
It also gave me the intelligence to avoid confrontation and be able to walk away from harmful situations whenever possible.

I have self confidence in all that I do because of karate training, allowing me to be flexible, have strength and balance, plus the offensive and defensive self-defence techniques that I learned so far, makes me feel safer in any situation that may arise.

“I feel less shy and more confident.
I was quite shy before I started karate, thanks to training and the philosophy of Karate I have (improved my fighting spirit) and I realize that can‘t hide in a corner. That I don‘t have to be afraid of showing my presence and state my ideas in any situation.

Karate teaches me to have positive thoughts and attitudes, gain lots of virtues like respect, kindness, courtesy, patience, humility and courage.

It helped me improve my behaviour and I noticed that it also helps children who have learning difficulties.
Karate taught me to respect not only to my Sensei, but the other students and also everyone at home and at school.

As I grow up, I believe that my character will be influenced by Karate ideology which is all about reaching mental and physical perfection.

All the above and much more is why I believe that Karate benefits me.


July 2018.

Until next time, thanks for reading and have a good training.
OSS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heian Shodan Kata

Personal view of Karate by Alban

What makes a good Sensei