STUDENT GUIDE TO GRADING


Students guide to what should DO...and not DO...for the period of three months in order to qualify for the grading at Shotokan Fitness Karate School.

Created by the students. 




Lili 

1) I should make sure that I say USS and a gentle BOW to my sensei in and outside the Dojo, when I enter and leave the Dojo.

2) Train as hard as I can every class.

3) To make sure that if sensei asks me to improve something I should start improving right away. 

4) To listen to the sensei at all times. 

5) To make sure my techniques are sharp and clear. 

Lili 3 thinks I shouldn't do before the grading. 

1) I should not fiddle with my belt or hands while the sensei is taking, demonstration or explaining. 

2) I should control myself not to feel sleepy, bored or wondering around during the class even if I feel tired.

3) I should not be talking to other karate student during the lesson.



Alba 

1) Not coming late for training.

2) Not to be told off or punished during the period of three month. (Or being send against the wall as a punishment)

3) Attend the classes at least Two times a week.

4) To make sure the karate clothes and nice and clean. 

5) Be well prepared each class (Mentally and Physically)


6) Try my best during the class. Do the techniques (Katas - Kihon and Kumite) as good as possible. 



Roberth 

1) During the training I should always aim to do my best on improving speed - target and visualizing. 

2) I should try and practice the kicks - punches - strikes and blocks in the proper way as explained during training. 

3) When the sensei is taking I should always be listening and not playing around. 

4) I should try and learn the Katas - Kihon and Kumite property as explained by the sensei during training.

5) I would always be respectful to my sensei and the karate-ka



Filix 

1) I must make all the improvement pointed out by the sensei during the class.

2) I should always have knowledge of the grading chart. If I am asked by the Sensei. 

3) I must do all the homework that the sensei gives me on time. 

4) I must have impeccable etiquette each lesson. In order to progress to Grading’s. 

5) I must respect the sensei and my fellow students at all times. 

6) I must listen to what the sensei tells me and take the necessary action. 

7) I must come prepared to each class mentally physically and spiritually, in order to do my best. 



Sensei's Notes 

1) The karate-ka must attend a minimum of two classes per week in the period of three months in order to qualify for grading. 

2) Don't be late for training in regular basis. 

3) Student must behave like ladies and gentlemen at all time. 

Misbehaving will result in not being allowed to take part in grading even if they know everything for their level.  

4) If the student is being told off regularly or has been punished for more than two times in the period of three month will result in not being graduated.

5) Never talk back to the sensei. Say USS yes USS no with a gentle bow upon command. 

6) Don't forget your protective gear in regular basis.

7) Don't allow yourself to be asked twice in regular basis. That indicates that you are not listening paying attention, interested and so on. 

8) When you asked to improve on something whether is techniques or etiquette ACT straight away. 

Make sure your sensei know that you are acting. 

Remember if you don't act and you keep doing​  it in regular basis you may lose your chance of graduation.

9) The karate-ka should always put effort; stay focused, show respect and interest during each class in order to progress. 

10) The license must be up to date in order to do the grading. 

And finally, 

Every karate-ka must know and learn what is required for the grading’s (Kata - Kihon and Kumite) in order to be graduated. 

For grading chart  click here

To view the Katas and Kihon from 10th Kyu to 1st Dan on YouTube  click here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heian Shodan Kata

Personal view of Karate by Alban

What makes a good Sensei